Facilities Services provides event support services before, during, and after your event to ensure the space is clean, safe, and inviting. All event support requests must be submitted to Facilities Services using the Event Support option in the Customer Request Portal a minimum of two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests must include all event information including event name, expected attendance, diagrams, on site contact, etc.
Consider the following questions when planning for your event:
- Will clean-up be needed?
- Will restroom support be needed?
- Will signs be needed?
- Will power be needed? If so, what are the power requirements?
- Will extra trash/recycle receptacles be needed?
- Will water be needed?
- Is setup and/or breakdown required?
- Will irrigation need to be turned off?
- Will on site, stand-by service be needed?
- Is this for a Recognized Student Organization?
Non - Facilities Services Support
- Table and chair rental. Please visit the CPM Equipment Rental page for information.
- Traffic or parking support. Contact Parking and Transportation Services.
- Audio/Visual or IT equipment. Contact ITS Equipment Checkout.
To request space for an event
- On campus departments or organizations contact Student Life & Leadership and/or Enrollment Services.
- Off campus organizations contact Conference Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, as long as the event is department requested and is in direct support of an academic section, such as a review or study session
See the Facilities Services’ rate chart for service costs. Please note that weekend and after-hours events may require a minimum charge of four (4) hours.
Yes, if the complete work order is submitted at least 30 days prior to the event. Estimates cannot be guaranteed due to the variability of event circumstances.
No. Because of underground utilities and the potential for landscape damage, stakes are never allowed to be put in the ground.
Use of the President’s podium is restricted to events that include the President. If a podium is needed, please reach out to IT.
Report a Facility Emergency
To report a facility emergency, contact the Work Control Center immediately at (619) 594-4754. This number is answered 24/7.
All other non-urgent maintenance or department requests should be submitted using the Customer Request Portal.