Frequently Asked Questions
No. All painting on campus must be completed by the Facilities Services’ team.
Offices may be painted under routine maintenance only if it has been more than 10 years since the previous painting and the current and new colors are University standard. Please note that maintenance cleaning is scheduled at the convenience of Facilities Services and will be completed in the order the request is received.
Floors may be cleaned or carpets shampooed as maintenance if it has been more than two years since the previous cleaning. Please note that maintenance cleaning is scheduled at the convenience of Facilities Services and will be completed in the order the request is received.
Only academic events held during regular business hours can be supported without charge. Facilities Services is required to charge for all other events by student orgs, departments, Conference Services, etc.
Work orders can be funded by any of the following methods:
- University Oracle account
- Auxiliary account number - invoices will be sent to the Auxiliary (SDSURF, Associated Students, Aztec Shops) and payment can be made from the appropriate account
- Individual payment. For individual payment, the following information is required:
- Name of person responsible for the invoice
- Address to send the invoice
- Phone number
- RedID number
Report a Facility Emergency
To report a facility emergency, contact the Work Control Center immediately at (619) 594-4754. This number is answered 24/7.
All other non-urgent maintenance or department requests should be submitted using the Customer Request Portal.